A course consists of an average of 4-5 lessons that are 1½ – 2 hours each.
Each lesson follows more or less the same structure in a relaxed, calm atmosphere. After exchanging experiences, the baby massage is practiced step by step as the instructor demonstrates the different positions and techniques on a baby doll.
By using different exercises, the baby is stimulated to become active or to relax, which is a useful skill later in life. After the massage, babies are redressed and fed as needed. While enjoying a cup of coffee or tea, experiences are exchanged and then during each lesson a specific topic is discussed.
In addition to baby massage and many practical tips, each session includes the discussion of a complementary topic such as:
- Lifting techniques and carrying your baby in a supportive way.
- The importance of slowing down and interacting with your baby in a calm, attentive manner.
- How to manage intestinal cramps.
- Observing your baby’s reaction and the boundaries your baby is trying to communicate.
- Body language.
- How are you experiencing parenthood?
- Motor development.
- Crying and sleeping behaviour.
- In order to understand what your baby experiences during baby massage, we introduce you to adult Shantala massage.
Private course baby massage
In some cases parents may prefer to follow private lessons. In this case, the instructor will come to your home or teach you at her practice.