Shantala Special Care aims to have a positive influence on quality of life and general wellness.
As a treatment approach based on respect, Shantala Special Care supports the quality of care. This is noticeable when the dignity of the client is central to the care given. As a method of touch, it is focused on helping clients process sensory stimuli so that they can continue to function within their social network.
During and after the treatment, one can observe increased relaxation in body posture, facial expressions and breathing. It influences the contact between persons in a positive way.
The added value of Shantala Special Care:
- It lets you feel that you are accepted as you are, despite your functional limitation.
- By respecting the boundaries the other, you are able to make contact with that other.
- It offers a sense of safety, security and trust.
- It allows one to experience that touch is pleasant.
- It reduces tactile adversion.
- It develops the sense of touch.
- It increases body awareness and positive body image.
- It allows one to experience calmness and relaxation.
- It allows the release on body tension in cases of restlessness, stress and sleeping
- It can help transform negative experiences and reduce tactile adversion.
- It can reduce constipation.
- It can teach one to understand another by reading body language